The Child Support Program provides custodial parents with assistance in obtaining financial support and medical insurance coverage for their children by locating parents, establishing paternity, establishing support orders and collecting and distributing child support payments.
All requests must be made in writing
- Locating Absent Parents
- Establishing Paternity
- Establishing and Enforcing Support Orders
- Establishing and Enforcing Medical Support Orders
- Collecting Current and Past Due Support Payments
- Review and Adjustment of Current Support Orders
Child Support Services
Who can Apply?
Anyone with legal custody of a child who needs assistance to:
- Locate an absent parent
- Establish the paternity of that child
- Establish or modify a court order for the support of that child
- Enforce a court order for the support of that child
Any man who believes he is the father of a child born out-of-wedlock and wants to establish paternity
How do I get started?
Pick up an application at our office or download it by clicking on this link www.in.gov/dcs/support.htm. Fill out all pages as completely as possible.
You MUST bring all of the following to your appointment:
- Birth certificates for each of your children
- Social security cards for each of your children
- Your driver's license or a State-Issued photo ID
- Copies of all court orders that pertain to divorce, paternity, guardianship, or child support
- The completed Application packet
If you fail to attend your intake appointment, or fail to provide all required information, your application may be denied